Osage Package Protection provides Lakeline LLC web store customers with protection should your order be lost, stolen, or damaged in transit. Qualified orders that meet the criteria established below are eligible for a refund or reshipment at no cost.
Reporting an issue:
If you have issues with your order, please contact email@example.com and explain the situation.
Lost Items Policy:
Packages presumed to be lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Estimated Delivery Date
- After 48 hours has passed from an estimated delivery date given from the carrier, and no delivery or update has been made, Osage Package Protection will consider the order to be "lost" and assist with next steps.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender (Lakeline LLC). The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Osage Package Protection does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, the customer will be refunded.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, contact Lakeline LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will resolve the issue.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Osage Package Protection will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered packages.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
- If the items are returned to sender for any reason, including when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery, and the items are in new condition, Lakeline LLC will refund the customer.
- Osage Package Protection covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
*Please note: Osage Package Protection Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
- Osage Package Protection cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Osage Package Protection replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, under Osage Package Protection’s discretion, Osage Package Protection can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion Osage Package Protection may ask you to wait 5 days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policy:
Delivered but Missing Package
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing an Online Notarized Incident Statement
- At our discretion, Osage Package Protection may require an online notarized statement when the customer’s package is marked as delivered. If requested, the customer will be given clear steps to complete this requirement via the claims filing process.
Filing a Police Report or In-Person Notarized Statement
- At our discretion, Osage Package Protection may require a police report or in-person notarized statement form when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- If requested, the customer will file the police report/notarized form and include an explanation that Osage Package Protection is a package protection company, and we have protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Osage Package Protection, Osage Package Protection is requiring a police report/notarized form.
- Send Osage Package Protection the police report PDF & number in the order issue (if a notarized statement was requested, send over a screenshot and details of the notary form signed by a notary public).
- Upon request, Osage Package Protection may require additional documentation such as proof of identity, a notarized statement, address, etc.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Osage Package Protection considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
Damaged Items Policy:
Damaged Item Arrived
- Order Issues for damaged orders must be filed within 15 days of the delivery date.
- The customer should contact Lakeline LLC at email@example.com for guidance on replacement.
- If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it, the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
- Osage Package Protection does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items.
- Osage Package Protection requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- Osage Package Protection cannot reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Osage Package Protection can offer a refund instead.
Out of stock
- Osage Package Protection does not have visibility to the retailer’s inventory, or details into when the retailer will have the customer’s item back in stock.
- Osage Package Protection can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Osage Package Protection does not cover this.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer to remedy the incorrect address.
- If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Osage Package Protection is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer. This request may be covered under the retailer’s return policy.
Too late to file
- Osage Package Protection can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Osage Package Protection will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Osage Package Protection will not cover it.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Osage Package Protection will not cover it.
No tracking information
- Osage Package Protection reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Osage Package Protection will reach out to the retailer to see if one can be provided.
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Osage Package Protection will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.