Our upgraded magazine follower for all .40 S&W Kahr™ magazines is precision machined from aircraft grade 6061 Aluminum. Then, it is hard anodized to military specifications to provide even more resistance to corrosion and wear. It doesn’t get much tougher or more reliable than that.
Our follower was carefully designed and tested to help provide fault-free feeding in Kahr™ pistols. Compatible with factory magazines and factory magazine springs as well as aftermarket springs from Wolff Gunsprings.
Advantages of the metal followers:
- Metal followers will not break. The aircraft grade aluminum followers are so strong, they are unbreakable in normal use in a pistol. The factory followers are nylon and can be broken if the barrel strikes the follower after shooting the last round. A broken follower can cause the pistol to not feed correctly.
- Slide lock is more reliable with the metal followers. The slide lock after the last round on a factory follower is controlled by a metal insert that is inserted in the factory molded part. The face that locks back the slide on the metal followers is precision CNC machined in the same operation that forms the part. There is no insert that can separate from the main body of the part.
- Consistently smooth magazine operation. Our follower slides smoothly in the magazine tube. You can even press on the corner of it, and it will move smoothly down the tube. It doesn’t catch or bind. Smooth operation helps make your pistol feed consistently.
- The shape of the follower is improved. The metal follower has a profile that keeps the nose of the bullets up, aiding their travels up the feed ramp. Hand racking of the pistol feeds rounds more consistently.
- If you carry a extra matolgazine in your pocket the top round does not pop out like it does with the factory follower.
Our metal followers were designed to do exactly what the factory magazine follower do, but just do it better!
After being used in a Kahr pistol, the aluminum conforms to the tolerances that break plastic followers without doing any harm to the barrel or pistol. That leaves a couple of “dinged” looking areas in the follower that are really just the part breaking in. Here is more information on why aluminum is the material of choice for Kahr followers. The follower cannot overcome a pistol with severe amounts of overlap or contact between the barrel feed ramp and the follower. If your pistol is rapidly breaking factory followers, factory service of the pistol or modification of the feed ramp may still be required.
Fits Kahr™ factory magazines for: CT40, CW40, P40, PM40, CM40, T40. K40, MK40
Sold in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico only.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.